Daily current Affair January 2019
India to participate in Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) 2021
By Sandeep Nagyaan · 30 Jan 2019
Reference: -The Union Human Resources Development Ministry has signed an agreement for Participation in Programme for International Student Assessment- PISA 2021 with the help of Organisation for Economic Co- operation and Development (OECD). Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) will be participate in this event and the selection of students will be by the PISA.
What would be the Significance:-
After the entry in Programme for International Student Assessment- PISA 2021 the acceptability of Indian students will be increase and it will prepare them for the global economy in the 21st century.
About the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA):-
1. It is an international assessment that measures 15-year-old students’ reading, mathematics, and science literacy every three years.
2. It was firstly conducted in 2000 and study rotates between reading, mathematics, and science in each cycle it is the big domain of PISA.
3. According by the design PISA emphasizes functional skills that students have acquired as they near the end of compulsory schooling.
4. It is basically coordinated by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
5. Singapore, Japan and Estonia in 2015 were ranked top three in across the world and in 2012 during the test schools of Shanghai in China topped reading, mathematics and science test.
Conclusion:- Now it a good opportunity to India to improve the primary educational system because the primary to High educational institutions are facing a big challenges in case of their reputation. So India need to take the help from PISA.