Daily current Affair January 2019
The Prime Minister Nrendra Modi has launched Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
By Sandeep Nagyaan · 24 Jan 2019
Reference:- During the celebration of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019 the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi has launched “ Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojna. This scheme will be beneficial for the NRIs.
Background of Pravasi Diwas:-
The celebration behind this day having a historical background on this day the Father of India Mahatma Gandhi was return from Africa to Mumbai on January 9, 1915. And from 2000 it is continue by the Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
Key facts of Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojna:-
1. A group of Indian diaspora will be visit to Indian religious place two times in a calendar year. This activity will be Inaugurated by the government.
2. A group of 40 persons has visit Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019 held in Varanasi.
3. Under this scheme all the selective persons will be visited all the religious place across India. And to complete this first visit all the expenses will bear by the government.
4. Some ages groups will be take the benefits of this scheme such as; In this scheme 45 to 65 years ages persons of Indian origin can take the benefits of this scheme.
5. This scheme gives the priorities to the persons of some countries like; Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, and Jamaica.
What is Girmitiya:-
The means of Girmitiya is an agreement of an Indian labourer during the British colonial rule. Under the agreements after taking the thumb mark thousands of workers sent to South Africa or other countries every year, these workers are also called 'Girmits'. Mahatma Gandhi was called himself the first Girmitiya.