The EducationSatguru welcomes you in this online study website you will get the complete syllabus of the UPSC Civil Service Examination. Other this you can found the important and necessary subjects list which are based on the syllabus of UPSC.
The Exam of UPSC in India are known as the more hard and strongest and wide range examination which demand the entire knowledge of almost all sectors of the but on the basis of fundamental based. But one thing is important to start the preparation to understand the syllabus first before to understand the examination, because without understand the syllabus we are start the preparation from anywhere and in this case and we waste our precious time in these unnecessary things which we can not get any advantage.
Every year the UPSC prepare the exam pattern for some precious services such as Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Revenue Service.
This strongest exam of these services are conducted by UPSC into three main phases like Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
Phase-1. In this phase the aspirants give two preliminary exams on the basis of objective type.
Phase-2. Total 7 papers held in this section by the UPSC on the basis of descriptive type. These exam are most important segments of this journey.
Phase-3. In this section the aspirants represent yourself in front of the board to check the personal and intelligence ability test. The board evaluate the personality of the candidates by their some standards therefore this time are play an important role for the selection.
Phase-1: General Studies:
It is the first paper of the preliminary examination with the main objective to find the general awareness of the candidates in the manners. In this paper various parts of the education also including which are make it different from other exams. These subjects or topics are followings; History, Indian Polity,
|I||General Studies (GS)||200||2 Hours (9:30AM to 11:30 AM)|
|II||CSAT||200||2 Hours (2:30PM to 4:30PM)|
Geography, Economy, International relation, Science and Technology, Environment and other related issues.
Phase-1: Aptitude Test ( CSAT):
It the second paper of the preliminary examination of civil service examination. This exam judge the reasoning, Analytics, Comprehensive and decision making ability of the candidates. These decision making questions are free from the any negative marking.
The preliminary exam is an only a path to enter the next stage of the examination. The marks of these exams will not add in the final list. It is an only qualifying papers.
Syllabus of General Studies paper-1 (Prelims )
1. The main and important issues of the National and International based on current affairs.
2. The freedom movement of India and the history of India and world.
3. The Geography of India and world with the economic, social and physical geography of India and world.
4. The governance and the polity of India- Constitution and their works, political and system, public policies, panchayati raj and the related issues of the fundamental rights.
5. Social development and the Economy: The sustainable development, demographic status, poverty, economic chain system, budget and economic social issues.
6. The ordinary issues based on the environment and ecosystem, bio diversity and climate change.
7. Science and technology with current affairs ( Based on 10 th class level) Syllabus of General Studies paper-2 CSAT ( prelims)
1. The comprehensive with personal skills.
2. Logical and analytical general ability and decision making ability.
3. General ability and number System (Based on class X level).
4. Data interpretation and so on ( Based on class X level).
Phase-2 In this phase the candidates will seat in the Mains examination of the UPSC . But this phase will be come after qualify the first phase of the exam such as prelims.
In the main exam are based on descriptive type it demand the good and speedy writing skills of the candidates. Another way it is try to check the academic and understanding power in depth form according to the pattern of questions in exam paper.
In this phase total 9 paper are held with consist two language paper with 600 marks. These language papers only the qualifying and the marks of these paper will not be add in main mark sheet.
These language are followings:
1. Any Indian languages which are listed in the constitution.
2. English language( Compulsory).
Eligibility Criteria for the qualifying Language papers:
In language papers the candidates will be obtain minimum 30% marks in Indian languages and 25% marks in English language. If any candidates could not obtain minimum marks they could not be qualify.
List of Main Exams: Total 7 papers will be held including two papers of optional Subjects and each paper will be 250 marks .
Paper-1: Essay: Candidates can be write this paper according his language such as Hindi or English.
Paper-2: GS-1: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
Paper-3: GS-2: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations.
Paper-4: GS-3: Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
Paper-5: GS-4: Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude.
Paper-6: Optional Subjects-1
Paper-6: Optional Subjects-2
The optional subject will be based on the choice of the candidates. These subjects are followings:
|Optional Subjects||Literature Language|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Arabic|
|Commerce and Accountancy||German|
|Political Science and International Relations||