Introduction:- The last 2 days have proved to be adding a new dimension to the relations between India and China. Because these days, Chinese President Xi Jinping was on a two days informal visit to India. During this informal meeting held in Mahabalipuram, in Tamilanadu the veterans of the two countries met in a very comfortable but formal manner.
What issues were discussed during this visit:-
1. The main issue in the 2-days visit was bilateral trade, investment and strengthening mutual trust.
2. Some decision has taken to create a ministerial level mechanism between the two countries to increase trade relations and investment.
3. Along with this, Chinese President Xi Jinping also welcomed Indian investment in IT sector and pharmaceutical sector.
4. Apart from this, India also seriously discussed the growing trade deficit with China.
Consensus reached on these issues:-
1. Fight terrorism together:- Both leaders agree that bigotry is a big challenge for the world including India and China. It should be dealt with vigorously.
2. Regional ComprehensionEconomic Partnership (RCEP)
3. Both countries agreed to further strengthen mutual trust for peaceful resolution on the issue of border dispute.
4. The Kailash MansarovarYatra was also discussed between the two leaders
Challenges in relations between India and China:-
?1. Despite growing economic and strategic ties, there are several hurdles for India and the PRC to overcome.
2. India faces trade imbalance heavily in some favour of China.
3. An issue of challenge between the two countries is the OBOR projectbecause some part of this project passes through Pakistan occupied Kashmir which India considers against its sovereignty.
4. And the last challenge is China leaning more towards Pakistan on the issue of terrorism by India.
5. India is also striving to become a permanent member of the Security Council of the United Nations and membership of the NSG, but China continues to obstruct it.